Monday 8 March 2010

Many NHS trusts 'give wrong data'

More than half of hospital trusts inspected last year provided the public with incorrect information on their performance and quality of care, it has been claimed.
 
Documents obtained by the BBC's Panorama programme show that of those hospital trusts inspected in 2008/09, just over 60% had provided inaccurate information to the Government regulator, a spokesman for the programme said.
 
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) uses this information, on criteria such as patient safety, care environment and public health, to give the trusts a rating - which is used by patients as a guide to their local hospital. However, the fact some hospital trusts have been wrongly assessing their own performance casts doubt on the accuracy of some of these ratings, the spokesman said...
 
Source: Press Association, via Yahoo.

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://nationaldeathservice.blogspot.com/
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to my Interesting blog list.

Will you add my blog in your blog list.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.